Friday, May 30, 2014

Yaylabs Ice Cream Ball

The Ice Cream Ball.
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/industrial-revolution-play-and-freeze-ice-cream-ball~p~3626x/?filterString=s~ice-cream%2F&colorFamily=03
I love ice cream. I eat a bowl of ice-cream almost every night. When I saw the ice-cream ball my first thought was “it doesn't work” so I never got one. It looks like an infomercial gimmick. However, after camping with my two little girls I saw the need to bring things that could keep a 3 and 5 year old busy. I thought we would be sitting around eating sweet milk, but at least it would give the girls something to do. After using it several times here are my pros and cons.
Pro- It works! It makes deliciously amazing ice-cream right in the middle of nowhere! 
Pro- It is fairly easy to use, and you can use your own recipes.
Pro- it is durable.
Con- Do you like sand in your ice-cream? The lid traps dirt so when you open it up there will be a little sand or dirt that might hitch a ride on your spoon. Con- It is NOT a soccer ball! It is hard plastic and full of ice so when a little kid in flip flops decides to give it a kick they will break all of their little piggies.

Overall I say hooray for homemade ice cream without electricity! It is a fun design that keeps kids busy while you prepare dinner, then provides dessert. Not many toys do that. It is just hard to keep from getting dirt on the lid unless your camping spot has nice grass. Just remember don’t kick it or you will be doing the stubbed toe dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment